Board of Trustees Policies
The elected Board of Trustees is responsible for approving the policies that govern the operation of Kuna School District. These policies are available in full by following the links on the right side of this page or by selecting the links listed below. To help you locate the subject you are interested in, use the following listing of the topics for each of the major subject headings:
- 100: Educational Philosophy (includes mission statement, code of ethics, exceptions to policy).
- 200: School Board (includes policies that govern how the Board of Trustees will operate).
- 300: Administration (these policies govern the role of the Superintendent, building principals, other administrative staff, calendars, and closures).
- 400: Personnel (section 400 contains policies pertaining to both certified and non-certified employees).
- 500: Students (includes policies on attendance, student behavior and discipline, student activities, student records, etc).
- 600: Educational Programs (covers curriculum, enrollment, progress reports, high school credits and graduation requirements, etc).
- 700: Support Services (this section covers transportation and bus driver conduct).
- 800: Business Procedures (section 800 contains policies that govern financial processes of the district, including budgeting, accounting, purchasing, assets, student body funds, and records retention).
- 900: Buildings and Sites (includes policies on maintenance and operations of existing school district facilities and also acquisition of sites for future schools).
- 1000: Community Relations (these policies govern public communications, fund raising).